Read More http://herlemonadestand.blogspot.com/p/cooking-club.html

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Apple Custard Tart...needs tweaking.

     This Friday night is Cooking Club and I am so sad I will have to miss. Jim is running the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis on Saturday and we will head up there on Friday. However, this month I have a dessert to bring from Come On In! and I have chosen to make the Apple Custard Tart. I like to try stuff out first, especially, something I have no experience doing, before I feed it to someone else! Let me remind you...I know nothing about cooking and you have joined me in the beginning! LOL
Apple Custard Tart
Serves 8
- Pastry for 9" pie shell, unbaked
2             apples, peeled
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs      sugar
2 Tbs      unsalted butter
3 large     eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup    sugar
1 Tbs       cornstarch
1 tsp        vanilla extract
     Preheat oven to 425. Place pastry in 9" tart pan. Slice apples into pastry shell. Sprinkle with cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar, then dot with butter. Place tart in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Mix eggs, milk, 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Remove tart from oven and carefully pour in custard mixture. Reduce heat to 350 and return tart to oven. Bake until custard is set, about 40 to 45 minutes.
    WELL.....first off, I don't have a tart pan. I used a regular 9" pie plate and made my own crust. To see how, check here.  I followed all the instructions. I am not sure that it turned out right though....

     Looks good though, not sure if you are supposed to eat a custard cold or warm?
My apples almost filled the entire pie plate.

Then my custard almost ran over...probably a good idea to use a tart pan!
I think I'll chill it, try it for breakfast in the morning, then tweak fromt there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting My Lemonade Stand! I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!