Read More http://herlemonadestand.blogspot.com/p/cooking-club.html

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Successes, Failures & Hope-a little bit of it all

     Somedays you feel successful as a mom and wife, other days you feel like a complete failure. It's all relative, what success is. To me, if I've loved on my kids all day and given them the attention they deserve,  and so fervently desire, then I feel I was a successful mommy that day. If my husband has to get the bread and peanut butter out of the pantry after supper, I feel like a failure, I'm supposed to feed the man! Failure is when I have spent more time on the tasks of being wife and mommy than fulfilling the actual duty. It's a fine balance that I'm not sure I will ever achieve, but by golly, I'm gonna try!
     Often, naptime comes and I ask myself, whoa, did I even say one positive thing to Taylor today? Did I work with Andrew on his words? Is there something Jim has been asking me to do that has slipped my mind? I think it's important to evaluate yourself, assess the need for change, the need to hug your kids more, look for areas of improvement!
     Other days, like today, I was able to start my day off the right way-Praising the Giver of Life before my feet even hit the ground! Not that being able to do this means you will have a successful day, I can testify to that, but it definitely puts you in the right mindset, you've made contact with the Father. Made Him your first priority. That is key!

     I knew today was successful when both my boys were so tired they made absolutely no fuss when they went down for their naps. Whew! I haven't had a shower, just sat down since...7:30ish, still have my glasses on and the living room looks like the storm that is brewing out west has already come and gone! But, I sit in amazement, Taylor got some t.v. time-the only time he will actually sit still and give his voice a rest, so it's important for him and me! Andrew got his morning nap, both boys got some much needed Vitamin D outside, there were veggies at lunch and best of all...there weren't any spankings today! When I couldn't play one more round of soccer with Taylor I decided they'd probably like a bath...and I could sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     So it's 3:30, my precious darlings are napping, are squeaky clean, supper for 2 families is warming on the stove and not a single dirty dish needs to be washed! Now I consider that a successful day. Come tomorrow, when I have company coming, grocery shopping and extra cooking to do, well, that might just be another story! Praise the Lord for His mercies that are new each day!
Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!” Lamentations 3:22-24 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting My Lemonade Stand! I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!