Read More http://herlemonadestand.blogspot.com/p/cooking-club.html

Sunday, December 13, 2009

2009 Christmas Tour of Homes!!!

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester
I am so excited about the Nesting Place's Christmas Tour of Homes. I have never done this, but have had soooo much fun anticipating it. You see, I've never been a part of a Tour of Homes of any kind, and the best part of this Tour is that you can only see the stuff I want you to see...not the laundry piled up, dusty baseboards or that my 1 year old just poured a whole cup of water out on the dry clean only rug! If you want to see more homes on the tour, just click the Nester's pic at the top or side of my post! I sure hope you enjoy this as much as I have!!!
**************************
If you visited our house, this is what you would see first...


I got these cute trees from a local department store who had used them one Christmas in their shopping mall windows. I always ask stores for pics, posters and props that they use...usually if they put it out back at the dumpster, it's free for the taking! Nothing spells great like FREE!



Everyone on our street is decorating their mailboxes, my neighbor went and got fancy schmancy and went all out with real garland....SO PRETTY so I couldn't resist sharing!

This little decoration can't be replicated, but he sure is cute isnt' he!
 

This is a Southern Living metal door hanger, I spruced it up a bit. See how I did it {here}

When you walk into our home, our playroom is to the left. We have our Frasier or Douglas Fur tree...can't remeber which, in the front window there. I wanted to update some things this year, but Jim said I had enough, so I just used what I had and brought it up to par!



I love to get ornaments from all the trips we go on. This is one of our favorite places...The Outer Banks of North Carolina!

You had to know we would have plenty of running ornaments!

As you come into the foyer, you are greeted by this pretty little scene.
This box had a really nice gift certificate to a spa in it when I received it a few years ago!

The little figurines are actually ornaments.
 
As you enter our family room, you can't miss our warm fireplace.
 

I got these cute stockings at Marvin's Hardware for our very first Christmas in 2005. I have a third that will be Carrie Ann's next Christmas.
 


I have had this wreath since our first Christmas too. It has looked completely different every Christmas. In our condo back in D.C., we used it as lighting and I changed the decorations and ribbon every season. {I made this bow!}
 

This plaque is homemade, see how I made it {here}
  

These little bears, Mr. & Mrs. Claus keep an eye on things!
 
This little bag looks like it should hold a bunch of toys or a heap of coal, but it is full of pine cones that I've sprinkled with Bath & Body Works scented oil that smells like warm pumpkin pie!

I brought my decorations into my kitchen and dining area.



These wreathes hang on all of our doors and were made from the leftover boughs from the bottom of our Christmas tree. See how I made them {here}
 
I hope you have enjoyed your tour through my house. Just in case you couldn't smell, I had Oat'n'Toffee Grahams in the oven at the time and they smelled delicious. Check back soon for that post!
Thanks for visiting. Please come again!

8 comments:

  1. Love your blog. I just started collecting ornaments from all the different places we go too. They are great souvieners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the tour of your home! Hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those trees that you got for free - how great is that? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks warm and inviting. I never would have thought to ask stores for their extra decorating stuff. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so festive! I am stopping in from Nester's Tour. If you would like to see my tour posts you can click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog. Have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting My Lemonade Stand! I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!