Read More http://herlemonadestand.blogspot.com/p/cooking-club.html

Friday, December 4, 2009

Why Music?

     I have to credit my brother-in-law Mel for my love of music. He was a keyboardist in a Southern Gospel Band- Called Out years ago. Growing up we would go to their concerts every Friday and Saturday night, or when and wherever they were having them. That's when I learned to listen to the words of the music, not just the other stuff. They were Bible stories, put to music!  I loved it! They sang a song Still in the Fire that taught me about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Their songs taught me lessons I wasn't getting at home. Teaching me the Word and I didn't even know it! When I was in college, pre-Salvation, I was so angry at myself for letting music get to me...sappy love ballads {Mariah Carey, Chicago, etc} I had to stop listening, felt like my heart would get broken over and over everytime I listened to them. That's when I replaced my secular music with Christian music. My thoughts began to be more rejoiceful, more thankful, more positive.
     Last night Jim and I were sitting on our bed, both with our laptops on our legs, he was preparing his Sunday School lesson, I was blogging and exploring Pandora...listening to Nothing but the Cross. We both just laid our heads back, closed our eyes and sang along.  {Nothing more special than worshiping your King with your husband!---Now that's marriage!}
     Laura Story, a Christian musician, has quickly become one of my favorite artists. Her words speak right to the heart of God-they lead me to a place of worship, where I can really raise my hands in awe of His Glory! My new favorite of her's is after the jump. I encourage you to press play, close your eyes and allow yourself to not only hear the music, but the words that speak of the Perfect Peace given to us by our Holy King!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a special part music plays in our Christian lives. Loved the comment about what marraige is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting My Lemonade Stand! I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!