Read More http://herlemonadestand.blogspot.com/p/cooking-club.html

Monday, March 8, 2010

New Frames!!!!

It's been weeks, no, actually months, since Mr. Adrian finished my picture frames. Well, after Christmas, a new baby, life....I finally finished them today!!!! I've had the pictures all ready for them since November! I'm a very prompt and timely person, can't you tell!

The decorative part is a decorative molding made of poplar that I found at Lowe's. The outer part of the frame is pre-primed pine that we got from Tupelo Lumber. They are made to fit a 11x14 sized picture.
I don't know how Mr. Adrian made these, he showed me all the neat tools and gadgets he used, but really, it went in one ear and out the other. I was just so amazed at how great of a job he did!
 I began by staining the poplar with a gel stain.{Minwax: Walnut} I used two coats.

 Then, months later, I used some dark brown craft paint and painted the white, pre-primed outer part.
Using a foam brush I quickly painted it on in the direction of the grain. And then, with a paper towel, I quickly wiped it off, using long strokes to make it look like old wood.
 I roughed up the edges with some sandpaper and this is how they turned out....
 Looks good, doesn't it!!!
 These are the pictures Amanda, over at Reflections by Amanda Smith, took of the boys back in October. Where's the third...well, when I get Carrie Ann's newborn pic printed, it'll go up there too...probably by Christmas!



I linked up over at Cheri's party over at:

and with the girls over at:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting My Lemonade Stand! I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!