Read More http://herlemonadestand.blogspot.com/p/cooking-club.html

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Baby Blues

     Ugh... The baby blues. I put them right up there with the awfulness of labor itself. And they get worse with each subsequent baby. They, along with the thought of another miserable pregnancy and labor, tempt me to ask God to be done with me in the baby making department. Surely there's another use for me! I mean surely!
     I think 90% of my emotional drama is none other than- you guessed it- Jim! The thoughts of not having him here with me to keep things focused and on task just drive me batty! The doubts of not being able to actually do anything outside my house, in civilization makes up the rest. I don't think I'd be able to breath without my BFF right by my side! My emotions have been so rampant this week, the night before he was to return to work, I gave him permission to snore! {not that he needs my permission, he freely does it every other night!} but I wanted him to know that I'd rather have his snoring skinny-legged self than not have him at all... Yah he was just going back to work 10 minutes from our house, not the moon, but seriously, at that point, to me, he was already strapped to the rocket and headed to the moon- forever! Yes, I know, I'm nuts, but this is what having babies does to you!
     I know, I know, this too shall pass, I have survived it twice before, I'm not gonna die over it. However, I might die from dehydration from all the tears. But as long as I stay in the Word, curling up in my Father's lap for His peace and not shutting myself off from my friends and life beyond these four walls- I'll live!
     And yes, Jim did snore that night! I thanked God for keeping him breathing, then kicked him in his skinny leg to shush him up. Ooh, that sounds mean when I read it. Really it was more of a nudge.

2 comments:

  1. I am so laughing at this....By the way Carrie Ann is beautiful. And I am so glad to know that someone else "nudges" there husband in the middle of the night to shut the snoring up

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazing, strong mom and you will do great without Jim. I know how you feel though.....it's a special peace I have as soon as Chris walks through the door!!! I'm about to go crazy in this house too, and if I cry at one more thing on TV....I'm gonna go insane LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting My Lemonade Stand! I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!