Read More http://herlemonadestand.blogspot.com/p/cooking-club.html

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Singin' in the Rain!

     Back, oh so long ago, before our little people got here and sleeping-in meant sleeping past 9 a.m., Jim and I ran out the front door of our house into the pouring rain. We laughed and frolicked {wierd word}, like little kids. I remember like it was yesterday. There's a certain smile you get when you do something that makes you forget every stress, tug and duty you have on your mind, even if it only lasts a few minutes.
     Sundays are rough. If you have little kids on eating and napping schedules, you know exactly what I am talking about. It all gets messed up. We always seem a little more stressed on Sundays than any other day. Just something about getting all, ahem, 5 of us now, out the door on time in pressed clothes and shoes, oh, don't forget shoes, hun.
     So last Sunday, when the monsoons came thru the South, I had a huge grin on my face when I told Jim I had a GREAT idea!  "After lunch, let's put on our swimsuits and go play in the rain!!! The boys will love it!" That smile I mentioned earlier, came across his face! Yippee!
It took Andrew a few minutes. His look is priceless.
Daddy helped him out a little!
Taylor decided to go feet first.
He doesn't really know what to think!
Here comes the frolicking!
And splashing...
Yes, I see it too!
And running...
Here's that look I'm talking about...
The poor turtle had a full load that day! He kept losing his shell.
We created fun, simple, free memories! And no one has come down with pneumonia...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting My Lemonade Stand! I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!