Read More http://herlemonadestand.blogspot.com/p/cooking-club.html

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Our inner Rachel Ray!

     You never know what to expect when you head off to cooking club! Get 13 ladies together and over appetizers and around the table you'll hear topics such as- freon gas {yep, apparently it makes the air conditioners work}, the relationship between heroine and pacifiers, facebook, bullying and washing lettuce and cabbage. It's a blast and I look forward to it every month! We get to talking and going on and on about stuff and forget the clock! It's so much fun-we get to let our inner Rachel Ray's come out to play! Tonight, however, I was interrupted by texts from Jim that my little milkaholic needed her mama. So I had to head out, but not before indulging in a very very delicious dinner. {For the compiled list of dishes, click here}
Julie served the White Bean & Bacon Dip, pg 70, along with the Rosemary Pita Chips, pg 77.
Jennifer made the best beverage: Tao's Punch, pg 100. I couldn't get enough of this stuff!
Debbie brought Baked Potato Soup, pg 547. she didn't like it, but I thought it was GREAT!
{pic borrowed from cookinglight.com}
Tiffany paired her Simple Slaw, pg 463 really well with the main dish! It was great and I will definitely be repeating this one!
Wendy hit a homerun with the Crisp-Crusted Catfish, pg 283!!!!
Everyone raved over Lori's Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter, pg 580.
Melanie, wow girl...I love me some mac & cheese and this one was a winner! Creamy Four-Cheese Macaroni, pg 331.
Sallie Belle's Parmesan and Cracked Pepper Grissini, pg 139, could be paired with just about any meal!
Lisa, oh Lisa...that Strawberry Shortcake, pg 168 was sosme kind of good!!!!

{And don't you just love Wendy's dishes...what a sweet Mother's Day gift!!!}
And we already saw my dessert{here}...the Molasses Cookies, pg 194 that were so yummy and yet so healthy!
I'll be soaking up the sun during next month's club meeting, but Wendy is filling in for me..thanks girl! Have fun at Julie's house!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting My Lemonade Stand! I love reading your comments, so keep them coming!